Wednesday, February 28, 2007

End of February

I am so excited to begin a new month tomorrow--March is the month spring comes (and my birthday)! :)



I was just watching Addie this morning and once again (as always) captivated by how absolutely adorable everything she does is. Well, maybe not everything. The mornings are fun because she wakes up happy (praise the Lord!) and is in good spirits...until nap time comes. This morning I wasn't quite ready when she was, so I changed her and put her in our room while I finished brushing my teeth and such real quick. She just sat there and played with her toys, so content, and so dramatic. I looked at her at one point and I promise she straightened herself up and threw herself onto her back (she was on the soft bed), then looked at me and smiled. What a cheeseball.



So then comes nap time. Addie still needs a morning nap...you can see it in her eyes and hear it in her whines. But, she has been refusing this week to go to bed. The last two mornings, I don't hear anything for a while and I think, cool, she must've fallen asleep finally. Nope...

She's sitting up having a good ol' time. Funny stuff. This picture was actually after she woke up from a nap. I guess it's her new favorite thing...only a matter of time before she is standing when I go into her room!

Then there's the new faces and noises. She gets stuck on new syllables and facial expressions for days a time. Right now, Addie is really good a rolling her tongue when she talks. Must be all the Baby Einstein toys we have that are bilingual. :) I suspect some teeth are coming soon since she's been doing weird things with her mouth and tongue.


I was watching a show this morning and they had people write in about their job perks. After hearing all of the companies who give employees things like five weeks of vacation, all expense paid trips, season tickets to ball games, and even one company who has their own pond and you can fish on your lunch break and keep your catch, I thought about my job perks as a teacher (you know there are many perks to being a mom). Teacher perks are certainly not monitary, but they are amazing. Aside from summer, spring, and Christmas breaks, you have the instrinsic rewards of seeing students achieve amazing things. There are the students who come to you so excited because they passed a test or are doing well in a certain class, and they just wanted you to know because they knew you'd be proud. There are the students who ask you to come watch them play in their basketball game or run track or play soccer because they want you to see them doing something they enjoy and are good at. There are the students who start out the school year thinking they are all that a bag of chips, but you keep on them because you know they need positive attention and discipline, and then even after they are done with your class, they are still visiting you, excited to let you know what's going on in their life, because they know you care. It's such a rewarding job, I'm so glad God blessed me with the passion for teaching.

Take care and welcome March!! :)

3 comments:

jenn said...

what a wonderful post! spring is right around the corner! yea! and your birthday is in march? you know how great i am at remembering birthdays!!! so happy birthday now, in case i forget to tell you on your actual birthday :). i sure wish i had a teacher like you ang. i loved the times i was able to come into your classroom and meet some of your students. you are an amazing teacher and just as you have touched my life just by being a wonderful friend (sister), you touch the lives of students and they are better for knowing you. love ya gobs..m.e.

Jess said...

what an amazing post and what an amazing God for blessing you with teaching skills :) I definitely don't have them...except with my daughter and soon to be son :) your posts are so fun to read and I love love love the pics of addiroo!! love you tons and tons and tons and can't wait until 3/29!!!

Dina said...

I love your updates! I really liked the end of your post - about teaching. It was a great reminder of the wonderful profession that we are a part of. Love you!