Thursday, September 07, 2006

I love her!

I suppose you're thinking "that's a good thing," judging from the title of the blog. But, really, I find it so amazing how much you can love your own little child. I really think I love my daughter more and more every day. (as Brad says, "that's a good thing because you're with her a lot!")

When Addie wakes up in the morning, she just lays there and looks around, cooing and grunting. I make my way in after she's had some wake up time and she smiles the biggest smiles in the world. It is a moment like that that makes me realize how totally in love and awe I am with my daughter. As I got her out of her crib this morning, I hugged her tight, telling her how much I loved her and thanking God for such a huge blessing in our lives.

Side note: my school's secretary says it well, "I don't know how anyone can look at a baby and not believe in God!" She is so right...the miracle called baby is just so awe-inspiring. To watch them grow and learn, and know that God is in control, is amazing.

I am totally a random thought kind of person, so if my blog entries drive you crazy, I'm sorry...but you're gonna have to deal with it! :)

Addison is learning more and more every day. She is so strong. Today she was batting at the little toys and rattles that hang down from her play mat. She kept hitting them and cooing (and drooling) and seemed fascinated that simply hitting those little toys was going to cause noise. And sometimes, if you hit just right, it plays music.

Thanks for listening! :)

5 comments:

Jess said...

Awesome and amazing!!! I totally agree about loving your children so much...obviously! They are gifts and blessings from God! And I love the thoughts you write in your blog! It sounds like you both are doing great and I love it. Great, great, great blog entry! Love you gobs!

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jenn said...

what a wonderful love! i personally don't know how that feels, but being an aunt is quite amazing to me :). your beautiful daughter is such a gift from God! it is amazing watching children grow, to trust you, to need you, to love you. it is the love you give them that gives them the security to love back, to learn, to be who they are. thanks for sharing your love and your stories! love ya lots...m.e.

Dina said...

I don't know if this blog is good or not - it makes me miss you Ratliffs so much! I do love getting to see pictures and having frequent updates on Addie Moo though (that is what I am calling her). You need to add me to your list of blog sites!!! Can't wait to see you Thurs! Love ya

Anonymous said...

Through Grandma's eyes --- I can see that she adores YOU just as much!! You are a great mother! I'm very proud of you all!
Love to you all!!! Grandma