Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Fun with Addie


Who could pass up this picture?! :) Thanks to my sweet husband for being brave, strapping on the little stinker, and vacuuming the floor!! We had small group at our house last week, and I had managed to get most everything done to get ready for our guests, except vacuum. So, I kindly suggested that while I got some dinner ready, he could maybe put Addie in the Snugli and get the floor swept. He actually willingly agreed and the rest is history. She loved her bonding time with daddy. And the floor got swept. How great is that?!

So we made it through another fairly busy week last week, Addie's snot-filled nose on Thursday, and a great weekend. The weather really cooperated this weekend!! By the way, Addie's stuffy nose was better Friday, thank goodness! Anyhow...Brad's football team won their game on Saturday. For details, you can ask him. ;) Sunday after church, we took Addie to the Johnny Appleseed Festival. She was awesome. Sorry, didn't take the camera, so no pictures of her second festival attendance. It got hot, though, so we didn't stay for an extremely long time.

I found out yesterday that 30 seconds is too long to leave a 3-month-old by herself. OK--before you think I'm too bad of a mom, let me just say that she was on the floor, so get all images of her falling out of your head. Anyway, I put her down on her playmat because she loves to watch the animals move and she now bats and them and has just started to grab on and hold for a while. So...I went out to rinse her bottle and my coffee cup and came right back out to find this:
Yes, she had managed to twist herself sideways, get up on her left side, put both legs between the arches and was pulling down on the little toys so hard I thought she might pull them right off. I was impressed that she did all that on her on, but it was an eye-opener! I will have my hands full when she starts really moving! :)

Hope you all have a great day!!

4 comments:

jenn said...

great update ang! i love the pictures. a huge "great job" to brad for vacuuming and i am so glad you got a picture of that. definitely some great bonding time with addikins! and she is such a mover and shaker! only she could twist herself around like that. must be an antsy person like someone else i know and love :). great pictures and i am glad you made it through another busy week! love ya lots!!!!...m.e.

Dina said...

that picture of Brad and Addie Roo has to rank as one of the best father/daughter pictures ever! Thanks for the update! Love and miss you!

Jess said...

Awesome update Ang!! The pictures rock and your summaries are so fun to read!!! They aren't boring at all. How come you can write stories well, just not tell them??? Hee, hee, hee. Believe me, I know how that goes :) Love you gobs!

BJ said...

great picture of the father/daughter cleaning combo...seriously...that's going the extra mile...