Sunday, September 24, 2006

Big week

Once they turn 3 months--watch out!! Addie is approaching 3 1/2 months already, and she is doing more and more every day. This week was amazing. "Maw" Debi came to visit on Thursday. It was a nice visit...and it gave me a chance to do some things around the house and run a few errands sans baby. But anyhow, I was showing her what a great job Addie has been doing with tummy time. She lifts her head well and looks around and is starting to scoot on her belly every so slightly. But maw Debi didn't get to see all of that because as soon as I put Addie on her belly, she pushed herself right over onto her back! Yes--the first sort of roll over!! I put her back on her tummy and she did the same thing. But that time got scared, so that was it for that kind of play. It was so incredible. Naturally, she hasn't done it since Thursday, but I'm sure soon she will be moving and I won't get her to stop!

Friday was the best, though! I was playing with Addie in the morning (her best time of day), and discovered that her neck is ticklish. She actually giggled!! It was the cutest thing. I was able to get her to giggle again when we called Daddy to share the good news. I'm sure it made his day at work brighter! She did giggle again yesterday while I was holding her and doing funny face kind of stuff. I look forward to her sharing her giggles with everyone soon! :)

Speaking of sharing, my mom and I took her shopping with us yesterday. We went to some little shops, so they weren't such busy places. The clerks in all the shops walked right up and talked to Addie and she just smiled and flirted with all of them. She definitely put her best face forward for our little outing! You go girl! :)

That's about it for my Addie ramblings. We went to church today...taught the little kiddos during first service and attended second. For those of you who don't know, we help with the 4 and 5 year olds every other month. They are super cute...challenging little group, but fun to work with. They definitely have a lot of energy!

I wish you all a great week!!! I think I'll go see how my husband and little girl are holding up watching the Colts game! :)

3 comments:

Jess said...

Great great post!! And giggles are the best sound ever :):):) She is becoming quite the little girl and so interactive! It is so amazing how quickly they develop. It sounds like you are enjoying each and every moment and I am so excited :) Love you all tons!

jenn said...

oh she is giggling now? how exciting. i can't wait to hear that little laugh. it is amazing how children learn. she must have learned to laugh by hearing you two laugh as you are always pretty cheery people :). who would have thought a little laugh would capture your heart :). love ya lots...m.e.

Dina said...

Stories like these make me miss you and want to come see you! I am so excited that she is giggling - there will be years and years of that in her future I'm sure. Sounds like she is keeping you busy. Give my love to the family! Love ya,