Friday, September 14, 2007

Things I Learned Yesterday

Making a real cheesecake (yes, REAL, not the no-bake jello kind) is time-consuming, not to mention difficult with a stubborn 15-month-old.

When a recipe calls for the egg whites and sugar to be beaten "to a stiff peak," plan for half a day to make that happen.

The smallest adult at taco night can down SEVEN tacos before most of us even made our first taco.

It is possible for Addison to take a two-hour nap. A blessing from God on a day when I needed a nap and so slept for the first hour of hers. (by the way, Addie is so not a good napper...I can count on one hand the number of times she's slept that long for a nap)

**

I guess that's all I remember learning yesterday. :) I will add, though, how awesome it is to have quite possibly the best parents in the whole wide world, and how wonderful it is to be able to share my parents with my good friends for great times like taco night (forgot my camera, so I'll have to wait for Jenn's pictures).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are most happy to always be here for you Miss A. Your first real cheesecake was delicious!! Taco night was alot of fun!!! Hugs! Mom & Dad

jenn said...

oh ang...this post cracked me up!!! i had a great time at taco night, but most of all because i love just spending time with such a great family as yours. we are definitely family!!!...hmmm...now i am in the mood for tacos again ;). love ya glob-o's and a plate full of seven tacos ;)...and delicious cheesecake. yeah, not the greatest rhyme, but it works ;).

Jess said...

what an awesome taco night!!! the food was perfect but the family there was even better! your daughter is such a sweetie and i can't wait to meet your new one. the cheesecake absolutely rocked..i am so proud of you :):):) i love you tons and tons!

Dina said...

Taco nights ROCKS! I was so blessed to be there with everyone. What a great friend to share your amazing parents with us for a night. And the cheesecake was faaaaaaabulous. I was still full when I woke up the next morning. Love you!