Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Countdown

I'm sneaking in a few moments to blog while I actually have a sleeping daughter and I myself am not sleeping. Lately she has been taking great naps, allowing me at least 45 minutes to 1.5 hours of rest while she sleeps. This would definitely be the bonus to not teaching during the ninth month of pregnancy! :)

Addie now points to my belly and says, "baby," and sometimes tries to hit my belly. So we're practicing being nice and rubbing my belly. I wonder how she's going to act when "baby" is actually another being living under our roof. I don't even bother to really worry about it because I figure somehow it will all work out.

So baby should be here within the next two weeks. Last week's checkup revealed my being dilated almost 2cm already and the doctor saying there's a really good chance we're going to have a birthday in the next few weeks. Now a full week has passed, so we'll see what kind of news tomorrow's appointment brings. I'm excited to know that the end of pregnancy is in sight and we'll be holding another precious child of God soon. It's just weird not knowing when it's going to happen. We are definitely more laid back this time...we don't even have the crib or pack n play/bassinet up yet (which takes all of two minutes to put up, so no worries).

Please pray, if you would, for a safe delivery of a healthy baby. And pray for Addison as her only child world is about to be turned upside down. :) Thanks! :)

4 comments:

Jess said...

OH my goodness!!! How exciting!! I am carrying my phone around and expect a call from someone!! I can't wait to visit you all and see your beautiful baby!!! What a blessed family! Love you tons and tons!

Dina said...

I AM SO EXCITED! I CAN'T WAIT FOR BABY RATLIFF TO COME! WAITING FOR THE PHONE TO RING. YOU KNOW WE WILL BE THERE TO SEE YOU! LOVE YOU LOTS AND LOTS! (here's to an early arrival...._

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

Welp,
Doyer, this is a little message for you. This is your "aunt Joy". Are you excited to come out and play?
When you decide it's time, tell your mommy to let me know!
See you soon!

jenn said...

oh my goodness..how did i miss this post and become the fourth person to comment :)? well, everyone pretty much expressed the very same excitement i have :). i can't wait to meet the little one. you all will remain in my prayers and i just know little addie will be a great big sis! love ya lots and lots and tator tots...okay, now i am hungry ;). m.e.