Saturday, April 09, 2011

Strong man

My cousin just said "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord." I couldn't agree more. We are at day 7 of "waiting up on the Lord." Dad took a major turn downhill last weekend. There were several moments this week we didn't think he would make it through the night. But he did. Again. And again. We are all at such a peace with the situation. We've told Dad it's okay to go. We've encouraged him to enter Heaven's gates. I NEVER imagined telling one of my loved ones that it's okay to go. But I also never experienced such a great peace. This peace that surpasses all understanding. This peace that can only come from the Lord. And so we gain strength. We wonder what is left to learn. And I suppose maybe we'll never know. And maybe we will. Rest in the Lord. If you don't really know Him, I encourage you to. This peace and love is only from God and I can't imagine what this would be like without HIM.

4 comments:

jenn said...

oh praying for such pace for you all and love to absolutely surround you!!! love you very much...m.e.

jackie said...

Amen, Ang! Praying for all of you and God's perfect timing. Much love.

Jessica said...

Love you, Ang. I continue to lift your family in prayer. Your dad is a very special person and I'm so thankful for the opportunity to have gotten to know your sweet family. Hugs.
Jessica

Jess said...

I admire your encouragement to us to seek our Lord more! We all need to and I admire your faith! Thank you so much for sharing!! Love you and your family!!