Friday, September 05, 2008

Little update

Not a whole lot to say, just thought my few faithful readers might want to see something new on the blog. :)

Everything's going well for us. The kids love going to Beth's. She loves them. We love her. It's a really good set up. And Addie is already learning so much (including how to be more whiney, but I don't know if I should blame that on daycare or the "terrible twos"). She does a great somersault now (and to think we were going to pay for gymnastics...ha!), sings a fabulous rendition of the ABC's, made binoculars and can actually say the word pretty well and knows what to do with them, and the list goes on. :)

Ethan just turned 11 months old. Holy cow! I tried taking his 11-month teddy bear picture yesterday. Um, not so much. I got two pictures, but I think one is blurry because the boy just kept trying to climb off the couch. Brad tried his best to get him to stay without Brad being in the picture, but it was hard. Addie used to pose for these pictures, Ethan tries to run. One more example of "no two kids are alike." He is getting more and more adventurous. He loves to crawl around and explore and climb on and over everything. He pulls up to things, but has no interest in cruising or even walking. But I'm not worried. he's so cute! He is complimented constantly by Beth and her husband about how sweet he is. Let's hope he stays a sweetie! :)

Brad loves his new job. And I love his new job because he actually gets out of the office at a decent time. (thank you brad's co-workers for being good examples!) :)

I finally know pretty much every student's name. Although there are 2 or 3 girls that I look at and want to call on when they are volunteering, then I have to call on someone else because I can't think of their name. argh. I'm learning lots about my students, which is sometimes good and sometimes not so good. We learned yesterday from one of our boys that he struggles sometimes in school basically because he's hungry. Not much food at home due to lack of money. I was in tears after hearing him talk and knowing that this was his reality. So sad.

Next time you think about it, pray for those less fortunate than you. And maybe even find a way to help someone out.

Thanks for reading. :)

5 comments:

jackie said...

Way to know most of your students' names! That's a big accomplishment...especially in middle school. Glad to hear Brad's job is going well!

Ponz, Lil Ponz, Real Lil Ponz and Baby Ponz said...

Thanks for the update. It is always good to catch up on how things are going!

Jess said...

Ok, so the not calling on the girls volunteering is histerical! :) Second, that is so sad about that boy in your class. It really puts things in perspective! Love you tons!

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

Great to know everything is looking up! Maybe I will get to see you and your happy family one of these days!
Love ya!

jenn said...

you are amazing ang! sounds like things are going well...and i sure hope you can remember my name now that you have a whole bunch of others to remember :). love ya lots..m.e.