Friday, September 26, 2008

A day off

No, not for fun. I took the day off to spend with Ethan, who had a fever and wasn't allowed to go to daycare, and needed his Mommy. Daddy was the father of the year who picked Ethan up from Beth's yesterday morning because he had a fever, took the rest of the day off to be with him, and even took him in to the doctor to make sure he didn't have his 3rd ear infection in just over a month. Thankfully, this one is just a cold, but this is round 3 of sickness since school started. He is really breaking in the new germs. ugh.




On a positive note...Ethan is going to be ONE YEAR OLD in a week! Woah! Cannot even believe it's been a year. He is so cute and precious. Much quieter that his sister and much more calm than she ever has been. He prefers to sleep a lot. Her, not so much. But anyhow...



It's been so crazy busy trying to fit everything in. But I highly value quality time with my kids, so I place much more importance on fitting that in than some of the other things that may need done (like, say, cleaning the bath tubs). :) No, really, we're trying to enjoy our evenings as much as possible. The weather has been so great. Wonderful for evening walks. And playing outside. Some of my boys at school had a football game this week that happened to be about 5 minutes from our house. So we took the kids over and watched the first half of their game. Both kids liked it. Although one half was good enough, Ethan was more than ready to hit the sack when we got home.



Wanted to put some updated pictures on here for all to enjoy. God Bless and SMILE! :)

We bought a new 9 cube shelving unit to help organize our mountains of toys and books. Addie and Ethan decided it would be fun to help Daddy put it together. Daddy decided to show Addie how to use power tools. :)

Addison went with me and we both got hair cuts a couple of weeks ago. Addie got at least 2 inches cut off (and I actually think she needs a pinch more already trimmed off). She does a great job of letting Rachel cut her hair. Rachel was more than happy to pose for a picture and even said it was okay to be on the blog, but Addie wouldn't take a decent picture whenever Rachel leaned over to be in it. So, you'll have to settle for Rachel's arm. Addie has very fine, thin hair. I'm not used to that because I have always had very thick hair. So if you have any tips and tricks for fine little girl hair, please share.

Addie loves to make Daddy go down her slide. What a great papa he is! :)

It's rare to get a crawling pose with no paci in mouth, so enjoy this shot:

Ethan finally decided he could crawl off the blanket, through the grass, and over to the slide to see what Sister is up to. They had a blast together. I'm always amazed at how the 2-yr-old mind works. So creative.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

They are so adorable! I hope Ethan is getting better! I can't believe he is going to be a year old in a week! Time flies!
I hope you are doing well!
Love ya!

Jess said...

what a great post and gorgeous family! brad is a great dad and you are a great mom! how perfect! i love the update and hope ethan gets better soon :) gracie seemed to get sick a lot too :) she had a double ear infection along with eye infections at the same time :) nothing like putting drops in her eyes and ears more than once a day :) but kids are troopers and will be stronger fighters against germs in the long run...at least we hope so :) love ya and see you today!!!!

jenn said...

yea! i love these updates and the pictures, but nothing beats seeing you in person!!! i miss you and love ya lots...m.e.

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

Yay!! I love these new pics! Sorry Ethan has a cold. I think Dawson has one too. bleh! I poop on colds!
I thought of you last night while I was helping out at club again. Maybe we can get together soon!

Brin said...

i LOVE your blog. it makes me laugh and your kids are adorable :) please keep posting. the blog im commenting on is my favorite. check out my blog-- just started it. not quite sure what im doing.