Monday, April 28, 2008

It's how you live

"Turn up the music
Turn it up loud
Take a few chances
Let it all out
You won’t regret it
Lookin’ back from where you have been
‘Cause it’s not who you knew
And it’s not what you did
It’s how you live"
~chorus from Point of Grace song...for complete lyrics:http://www.lyrics-celebrities.anekatips.com/song-lyrics/how-you-live-turn-up-the-music-lyrics-point-of-grace

One of my best friends sang that song in church yesterday. I love this song. It's a great reminder of how to live your life. If you haven't heard it before, at least look up all the lyrics. So great!

And it made me think of my dear Grandmother, who at 88 years old passed away almost two weeks ago. So sad, but it's also a reason to celebrate. She is in Heaven!!! Rejoicing, singing, laughing, dancing...ahhh... Grandma always said she prayed that she would go in her sleep without suffering and after 88 years of love and obedience to God, He granted her request. So why does that song make me think of her? It's the "it's how you live" part. She lived with so much love and wanted nothing more than for her entire family to know that love and pass it on. She mothered 8 children (the youngest only one year old when her husband died), and was most proud of being "Grandma" and "Great-Grandma." She was married to her one true love, and though he died something like 45 years ago, she never remarried because he was the man of her dreams, her one true love, so she didn't see the need to find anyone else. She had her family and her God. I could go on and on about this amazing woman I had the privelege of calling "Grandma" for 30 years. For now, I just know that I want to live with the love that she did. God's love. Feeling it, giving it, embracing it. Love!

As if a death in the family weren't enough, we got another round of illness in our family. Addie came down with a fever, which then turned in to a rash that covered her entire body. Thankfully, after 3 trips to the doctor and a blood test that came back perfectly normal, it was determined that she had an allergic reaction to the Amoxycillin she was taking for her ear and throat infection. It was a long week last week, but I'm glad we have an answer and now know to stay away from penicillins for Addison. She's all better now...and acting more herself. Which means repeating everything she hears (so watch your mouth if you're around our daughter! ;) ) and running around like crazy and wanting to "go out-tide" to play. One of my favoritist things to hear her say is "I go right back." And she holds up her little hand and her first finger as she says it. So stinkin cute. Then she goes and gets what she wants or does what she intended and does (usually) come right back.

Ethan is just so adorable. He got his crazy cough back, but he acts fine and doesn't have a fever or anything, so I'm not worried. One of these days the summer weather will hit and we'll be able to burn off these germs (since apparently freezing the germs didn't work). He can now sit surrounded by pillows (or the big curly body pillow I used while pregnant--if you're ever pregnant, invest in one of these pregnancy body pillows--fantastic!) and play with his toys, which is cool. And he likes his exersaucer for playing.

We got to see little Ava last weekend. Oh my goodness, she is so precious.

Since it was the day of Grandma's funeral, pictures were not exactly abundant. But my brother snapped a few of Ethan and Ava. He is two months older than her, but twice her size. :) It was cute to see them look at each other.

Thanks for reading! Gotta go. :)

5 comments:

jenn said...

what a great description of your grandmother!!! it is obvious that she lived a good life and touched your life! if she helped in making the person you are today, i have so much thanks for her because you are a faaaabulous friend! loved the update on the kids and it was so great to see you last weekend!!! love ya lots...m.e.

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

Ang,
I love this post. It made me cry. You sweet girl!
I love that Addie points her finger and says "I go right back!" too cute! Dawson is repeating everything now too and I'm wondering why he doesn't say poop every other word considering who his parents are. :)
Let's do get together!
Love ya!

Jess said...

Wow, this was such a neat post!!! Your grandmother sounds like such an amazing woman...now I know where you get some of it from :) Your children are as cute as ever!!! You are truly one lucky person and I love love love the song you quoted! Love you tons!!

Dina said...

Great way to pay tribute to your Grandma. She sounds like an amazing person. Love the update on the kiddies too! Sorry I missed you Saturday. School is almost over and I will come visit.
Smooches!

Ponz, Lil Ponz, Real Lil Ponz and Baby Ponz said...

I love the updates on your kids! I am sorry to hear about your grandmother, but keep the good memories alive! Have a great week!