Tuesday, December 18, 2007

And It's Off!!!!!!!

Naturally, less than 12 hours before the big exam, Ethan lost his cord. :) Woohoo!! It only took 10.75 weeks (not even an exaggeration). We still went to our scheduled appointment this morning, though, just to make sure it looked okay and all was well. The surgeon went ahead and made one more checkup appointment in one month with things for us to watch for. But we can call and cancel if the belly button looks normal in one month. Praise the Lord!

And speaking of Praise the Lord....I'm sitting in the waiting room with Ethan at the pediatric surgeon's office. I'm there for a "persistent umbilical cord" (that had in fact fallen off before the appointment), but I'm looking around at a room full of people and kids of all ages wondering what the other children are there for. So I'm sort of listening to some people talk and finding out about babies with enlarged kidneys and other "private area" issues, seeing an older child with physical disabilities, knowing that some are also there for things like getting tonsils out. My point is...I am so blessed. I found myself thanking the Lord sooooo much for my wonderful, healthy children. And I must say one other thing I noticed as I looked around that room...parents who were perfectly composed, smiling in fact, taking care of their own wonderful children!

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for blessing us so. May You shine through us that others might be blessed. Amen.

4 comments:

jenn said...

oh yea!!! i'm having a party right now for ethan...dancing...eating...okay, so i really was dancing for him...and well, the eating thing..i just happened to have food :). but hey, it is a total party for ethan! yea! i am so thankful you and your family are healthy and doing well. miss you more than you know...love ya gobs..m.e.

Jess said...

yahoo!!! a big congrats!!! i knew it would work out perfectly! and what a great great observation! we all have so much to be thankful for! thanks tons for sharing and love ya tons too!

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

Are you having a happy new year? I had a dream about you guys the other night. But now I can't remember it. Won't that bug you? Will I ever see you again? Do you remember who I am? Do you want to go on a cruise with us and eat chocolate covered strawberries? I do.

jenn said...

saturday can't come fast enough to see you all!!! it has been waaaaayyyyy toooooooooo looooooonnnnnggg!!!!! love ya lots!!!..m.e.