Thursday, January 18, 2007

Ramblings

First, I want to say how wonderful my friends and family are. I have been so blessed by each person God has placed in my life. I am so thankful to have grown up with the most loving, caring, fun parents who showed my brother and I how to love life and people and most importantly God. And I am so thankful to have great friends who really know how to find the best in people, who love to laugh, and who love God. Thank you, Lord, for blessing me so richly!

Now, on to Addie-news. :)

Her first two teeth have been here for a little while now, but each day become more and more noticeable. They are the two middle teeth on the bottom. It's so cute to see her smile. I thought it would be weird to not see a toothless grin anymore, but it's really adorable. Just one more thing to admire. :)

She has officially decided that belly sleeping is for her. Addison has always slept on her back, and she sleeps quite well. But recently she discovered that it's really not that hard to flip over (and over and over and over), and so you lay her down on her back and she fusses for a minute. Then you hear a little flop and she's out. She rolls herself over and falls right asleep. Naturally, I am forever checking on her to make sure she's breathing, but I've finally stopped trying to flip her back over. (Brad, on the other hand, still likes her on her back and will flip her over before he goes to bed most of the time!) :) Now, my question is, do you ever stop checking on your kids to make sure they are breathing and such? I asked this of a friend last night, whose kids are around 13 and 3. She still checks on both of them! So, I guess this doesn't magically go away...I mean, hey, I still check on Brad, too, now that I think of it! :) Maybe I'm just paranoid, but at least I sleep better knowing that my family is okay. :)

As far as movement, Addie is getting closer and closer to full mobility. She loves to get herself from sitting to laying on her belly. Then, she pushes herself up and now has the buns in air, belly off the ground. Then she moves and looks at you with a very confused look because all of her toys are suddenly farther away. Yes, she is very good at scooting backwards!

I suppose I should use the rest of her naptime to get a few more things done. Thank you to all of my friends and family! You are amazing! Know that you are in my prayers. And everyone: please take a minute to be thankful for all you have, for if you're reading this, you at least have a minute to do just that! :)

5 comments:

Jess said...

WHAT AN AMAZING POST!! Addison is definitely on her way to mobility! She is such an amazing little girl and I love watching her grow! It is also so fun to read all the stuff I miss on a daily basis! Grace is 20 months and if she takes really long naps...I go in and make sure she is still breathing :) We had a great time with your family last night as always!!! It is so great to get together! Love you tons and thank you for being such an amazing part of our lives!

Anonymous said...

Miss Addie has 2 front teeth poking through! yay! How exciting! When she learns to pull herself up in her crib, she'll use those to scratch the paint off the railing. Then you will worry that she'll get sick but she won't. She'll poop it out.
I'm ready to hang out soon and watch her scootch! It's a word!
Love you much!
Joy-

Anonymous said...

Why was I anonymous? I am anti-anonymous!

jenn said...

hello beautiful ratliff family. first i had an amazing time with you all last night. hope you haven't spilled anything today ang:)...hee hee hee. God has definitley blessed my life with your friendship! and i don't think it is possibly for addikins to get any cuter!!! love her to pieces. soon she is going to be a little moving grunting machine :). love ya blobs!...m.e.

Dina said...

I'm sorry that I missed taco night. It was great to talk to you on the phone though (giggle)! You are wonderful Ang and I love that I get to call you my friend. You are a great mom and wife and a wonderful example to me. Love you lots!! Tell AddieRoo and Brad Hi!