Sunday, December 12, 2010

The 6-letter word

I had a catchy way of writing this post about 3 days ago. Now that I'm finally sitting down to the computer, I have no words.

When someone is sick, we take it for granted that we can go to the doctor, get some medicine, and be better in 3-10 days. Then, there's the c-word. It has six letters, and whenever we hear it, it throws us for a loop. It was the 6-letter c-word that we heard a little over a week ago regarding my dad. For those 3 of you who occasionally check this blog, you can find out the details at my mom's blog to the right ("Mom and Dad"). I don't have the patience and time right now to make a formal link within this text. :)

Some days I think I will use this blog to share some of me feelings. Other days I am realistic and know that it's quite possible that I will not update very frequently.

I said on facebook this weekend that we were able to spend some quality time with my brother and his family for my niece's birthday party. We are so blessed. God is good. Someone said it was amazing I "could still praise God." This kind of took me by surprise. I don't feel like it's a matter of "still praising God." If you were in my position and felt the hand of God on my family and felt the strong covering of prayer that we feel....only God can give you peace and strength and comfort and unconditional love in times like this. Times when we adjust to a new "normal" (after being so used to calling on Dad to do whatever). I truly have an amazing family, and only God can take credit for that. We are so incredibly blessed. God truly is so good.

2 comments:

jenn m.e. said...

I LOVE YOU.

Jess said...

What a difficult time for you and your family! You do have an incredible family and we all love you ALL so very much!