Thursday, June 19, 2008

And so we have a 2-year-old

Yep, made the cake myself. :) I tried not to be too anal about the m&m 2, so I didn't follow a pattern, but did try to make sure the same color wasn't right next to itself. :) Addie liked it. She asked for a "2 cake" and that is what she got! :)
When asked to say cheese while enjoying her cake and ice cream, above is the face we got. Too funny. She really loved it. Wanted more, but she seriously ate so much food this weekend, we had to cut her off.
And Ethan is 8 months old. He just started crawling this week. He's adorable. So cautious with every "step." And so determined when he spots something he wants (usually something of Addie's).
We are just having so much fun with our two children. Yes, there are times we want to pull our hair out (okay, I want to pull my hair out, Brad doesn't so much have to worry about that!). But they are soooooo adorable and funny. The above picture has actually taken place a few times now. I am enjoying it while I can. Addie loves to read, Ethan loves Addie, Addie loves Ethan. It's a nice set up.
So then we tried to the rocking horse (handmade my "ggpa" last year!). Neither of them were too sure about being on together. But we got a good laugh out of it.

OK, so this was my speed blogging. You got the basics and that's all I can do right now.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

wow!! I can't believe they are that old already and I've NEVER met them! I'm actually going to be in Angola June 27-July 7 and I go right past Ft. Wayne to get home. Maybe we could meet up or something! Let me know what could possibly work for you!

jackie said...

the 2 cake is so cute! great job with the "2"...it looks so well planned! anyway, i also love the comment about brad pulling his hair out :) thanks for sharing your pics!

Ponz, Lil Ponz, Real Lil Ponz and Baby Ponz said...

It is amazing how fast time flies... You children are adorable.

Jess said...

what a fun fun post and a happy day for the birthday girl!!! the cake was awesome! and your kids are so precious!!! i sure can't wait to see them again :) they are getting so so big :) yeah, for crawling! and yeah for brother and sister time!!! Love you gobs!!!

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

Love this update. That picture of them reading is adorable and I would italicize that word if it would let me.
I miss you, my friend. :)