Thursday, October 12, 2006

good day for a warm bath


First, let me say, this is our beautiful daughter in her Sunday best with one of my bestest friends, who came to church with us last weekend. I really wanted to get some use out of these adorable dresses that a bunch of people have given us, so with the addition of tights and a white sweater, a summer dress is given new life.

So...today I introduced Addie to snow. Through the window, of course...we were not thrilled about venturing out in this cold weather...I'm so not ready for it yet. But, I suppose, we shall have to do what we have to do. :) It was not fun to look out and see snow coming down in October. Thankfully, it's not accumulating yet. Don't get me wrong, I can enjoy a good snow--at Christmas time (or when I want a day off school). But right now, snow means cold weather and cold weather means not only bundling myself up, but now I have a little one to consider. Oh well...

Addie decided it was a good day for a warm bath as she had another minor explosion in her pants. I picked her fussy buns up and decided I'd check her diaper. Good thing I checked then, because it was at that point all over her leg...and pants...and naturally as I tried to undress her, it was getting all over everything else as well. I was bummed because I loved the outfit she had on...it is so cute...and warm! :) So, I got her cleaned up, put a diaper on, and laid her on a blanket on the floor while I threw the clothes in the washer and got her bath tub ready to go. She LOVED laying on the floor all nakey...good thing! All I have to say is, I love Shout!! (and Dreft) The clothes came out spotless, so the outfit was spared, and I must say, she smells great, too, after a good washing. I'm still waiting for her to really enjoy bath time. Right now she just sort of tolerates it.

Hope you all were able to enjoy the last few nice days at the beginning of the week. I know we did! :)

3 comments:

jenn said...

i can't thank you enough for inviting me to church. i really enjoyed myself and the service and look forward to visiting again! ang, first i just want to say that i am so glad we are such good friends. you are such an amazing woman who is always there for me to listen or just to laugh...and i love it! i love you!...and your whole family! cute story about addikins...and i am glad you two stayed warm inside! and baby clothes are so cute...but anything looks cute on miss addikins!!! i love hearing about these special moments in your life and look foward to hearing and reading more ;)! love ya lots...m.e.

Jess said...

GREAT GREAT GREAT post!!! Addikins is so gosh darn cute and great idea about the summer dresses! I am going to steal it :) But finding a white sweater is a bit difficult for some reason :) I love your stories and pictures and I love you :) See you this weekend out in the cold :) What we do for our men :) Love you tons!

Dina said...

Sounds like you have been having a blast as a mommy! I know you are great at it. AddieRoo is getting so big and she has a marvelous smile. I love you!